CAREERS AT SLOKA
In Grade 9, students at Sloka transition from the Waldorf Curriculum to the syllabus affiliated with the CBSE Board. They begin to work under the guidance of 2 Class Guardians instead of a single Class Teacher. The CBSE curriculum is followed but some elements of the Waldorf system are still retained. We have had several successful batches of Grade 10 students leaving our school. They have gone on to specialise in a variety of subjects.
With this experience behind us, Sloka is starting Grade 11 and 12, affiliated to the CBSE Board, offering the following streams:
* Maths, Physics, Chemistry
* Biology, Physics, Chemistry
* Economics, Psychology, Political Science
English will be compulsory for all streams and History, Physical Education, Art and Home Science will be the optionals offered.
We are looking for teachers who are passionate about their subject and have initiative, as well as an openness to learning. They should be engaging and enjoy teaching adolescents. All jobs are located at our Grade School Campus in Aziz Nagar, Hyderabad. You will be expected to teach about 30 periods a week and will be reporting to the College of Teachers.
Sloka’s compensation package is competitive, and the salary range will depend on experience, education and credentials. All teachers have a Probation Period of 1 year.
Current Positions Available:
* Math Teacher (Grades 9 to 12)
* Hindi Teacher (Grades 9 to 12)
* Science Teacher (Grades 9 to 12)
* Social Teacher (Grades 9 to 12)
Candidate Profile for all the listed positions:
Our ideal candidate should have the relevant Post Graduate degree, an interest in Waldorf education and preferably, a B. Ed. degree, as well as experience teaching in a high school. We are looking for candidates who are able to teach students from Grade 9 to 12 and who are prepared to teach academic, artistic and practical education based on an understanding of the human being and of child development.
All our teachers are expected to:-
* Ensure that all requirements for the classroom curriculum are met for each grade, including lesson preparation and instruction.
* Identify student needs and cooperate with other staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
* Supervise students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
* Be responsible for planning and delivering all outings and class trips that support the curriculum.
* Participate in faculty meetings, and all trainings conducted by the school in order to develop and maintain professional competence.
* Evaluate each student’s academic, emotional and social progress on an ongoing basis.
* Report to parents regularly through written reports and conferences.
*Should be able to exercise empathy, mature judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion.
* Should work collaboratively in a team environment.
If you would like join our team of teachers, please email your resume and a cover letter (including why this position interests you) to email@example.com