CAREERS AT SLOKA
In Grade 9, students at Sloka transition from the Waldorf Curriculum to the syllabus affiliated with the CBSE Board. They begin to work under the guidance of 2 Class Guardians instead of a single Class Teacher. The CBSE curriculum is followed but some elements of the Waldorf system are still retained. We have had several successful batches of Grade 10 students leaving our school. Our alumni have excelled in various fields.
In its Silver Jubilee year in 2022, Sloka is planning to extend the high school section to 11th and 12th grades from the academic year 2023-24, affiliated to the CBSE Board, offering the following subjects-
- Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, Entrepreneurial Studies
- Psychology, Political Science, History, Sociology, Home Science
- Mathematics, Painting, Computer Science, Music (Hindustani Vocal), Physical Education
- Mass Media Studies, Banking, Information Technology
We are looking for teachers who are passionate about their subjects, can initiate and engage the students in a dialogue on various topics extending beyond the classroom, prepare them to be secular, global citizens, at the same time be connected with their community. We need sensitive, creative and artistic teachers to work with adolescents.
Prospective teachers should have a post-graduate degree in the subject, a B Ed degree and experience in teaching adolescents. Sloka’s compensation package is competitive and working at Sloka is hugely rewarding and satisfying.
Current Positions Available:
- Home science
- Hindi(for Grades 1-8)
- KG teacher
All our teachers are expected to:-
* Ensure that all requirements for the classroom curriculum are met for each grade, including lesson preparation and instruction.
* Identify student needs and cooperate with other staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
* Supervise students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
* Be responsible for planning and delivering all outings and class trips that support the curriculum.
* Participate in faculty meetings, and all trainings conducted by the school in order to develop and maintain professional competence.
* Evaluate each student’s academic, emotional and social progress on an ongoing basis.
* Report to parents regularly through written reports and conferences.
*Should be able to exercise empathy, mature judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion.
* Should work collaboratively in a team environment.
If you would like join our team of teachers, please email your resume and a cover letter (including why this position interests you) to firstname.lastname@example.org